Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is panting, yipping and kicking her back legs. I know…

Customer Question
She is panting, yipping...

She is panting, yipping and kicking her back legs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

I know she has a trachal collapse, could it be she cant breathe?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She keeps looking behind her

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No just panting like crazy and yipping sometimes

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog eating normally?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

Not sure. she goes in and out on her own

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is the dog behaving differently?

Her back legs are moving like shes scratching panting like crazy

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Reina shes 3 1/2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Reina?

Just that shes a POm and does have a case of tracheal collapse

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Reina, please?

Her behavior isn't that of a dog in respiratory distress but, instead, a dog intensely pruritic (itchy) and/or painful. She's looking behind her for the source of her discomfort and so her abdomen, anus and vulva need to be areas of concern.