Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

8 week old puppy is throwing up. I just got her and she’s…

Customer Question
8 week old...

8 week old puppy is throwing up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

I just got her and she’s eating blue puppy food

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Sadi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sadi?

I just got her she has her first round of shots she’s 8 weeks old

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I am sorry you are going through this with your pup. I can make a few recommendations of things you can try at home to help with vomiting. If these don't work, I would strongly urge you to take her to the vet for an xray.You can give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with vomiting. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help when they are having GI upset. You can also syringe feed him some Pedialyte to help with his hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help spark his appetite if the chicken and rice isn't to his liking. Let me know if you have any other questions.If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Katherine Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian