Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Idk she just started drooling this morning n it hasnt stop.

Customer Question
Idk she just started...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** im realpy not sure on her age.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Mini?

Really not sure maybe 1 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mini?

No thats all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 8 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am very sorry your question was not picked up sooner and I am not sure if you still need help with this, but I will give you some suggestions just in case..

Extreme drooling can be from an infected tooth or a tooth cracked below the gum line, as well as something (like piece of plastic) stuck between the teeth. Check her teeth and gums for discoloration or swelling. Do a finger sweep of the mouth and feel for anything stuck between the teeth or any swelling near the gum line.

Another cause for drooling would be that she got into something toxic so check around the areas she visits and make sure nothing is amiss.

Upset stomach which causes a nauseous feeling will also cause excessive drooling and this can be from something she ate that she is not used to to a virus.

What I might try for this is giving a pepcid AC, withhold food for 24 hours then start a bland diet of boiled chicken and cooked white rices. See how she does on little bits at a time rather than one big meal.

Here is dosing for pepcid AC

Pepcid http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid

If you have Zantac you can use that instead of Pepcid

Zantac https://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/drug-library/library/ranitidine-hcl-zantac-for-dogs-and-cats/

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DakotaSouthFive