Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 75 lb. chocolate lab gums are all of sudden very swollen.

Customer Question
My 75 lb. chocolate...

My 75 lb. chocolate lab gums are all of sudden very swollen. I don’t know if he got into something outside. It seems to cold for snakes or red ants. I gave him one Benadryl pill to see if that would help the swelling. Can you recommend anything else. I can text u a picture if that would help. Thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the lab's name and age?

Tucker and he’s 4.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tucker?

No. Except he licks everything. Very healthy overall.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. If you can send a picture, that would be great. How much Benadryl did you guve?