Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Both my dogs vomited up all there food today while in there…

Customer Question
Both my dogs vomited...

Both my dogs vomited up all there food today while in there crates and now neither of them will eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No just they’re normal food

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

One is ryland and one is lily they are both going to be 8 in may

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Lily and ryland

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lily?

Both dogs are pretty thin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I am sorry you are going through this with your cat. I can make a few recommendations of things you can try at home to help with vomiting. If these don't work, I would strongly urge you to take him to the vet for an xray in the morning.

You can give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with vomiting. I would feed them boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help when they are having GI upset. You can also syringe feed them some Pedialyte to help with their hydration. You can also give them some canned food or chicken baby food to help spark his appetite if the chicken and rice isn't to their liking. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!