Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I gave my 23 pound beagle a half an asprin it's the safety…

Customer Question
I gave my 23...

I gave my 23 pound beagle a half an asprin it's the safety coated enteric will she be ok?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the beagle?

She was limping and I gave her half an asprin for the pain about half an hour ago, i'm worried whether if that is ok for to have?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

I did and I think what happened is she pulled muscle when she tried to jump on the bed, she's been fine all day until she did that

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the beagle?

No she's completely healthy other then that, i'm just concerned if I should have given her the asprin or not?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How many minutes or hours ago }?

2. What was the strength of the aspirin { In mg }?