Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He’s pacing, panting heavily and looking at things that

Customer Question
He’s pacing, panting heavily...

He’s pacing, panting heavily and looking at things that aren’t there. He’s acting like he’s on speed

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

8 Month old Shepherd/Lab

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes. He’s acting like he is on speed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Shepherd?

He is walking in circles, panting and staring at things

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

He’s been favoring his right foot but I checked it for glass and goat head thorns but didn’t see anything

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Shepherd's name?

Finn

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Finn?

Only that he’s terrified of leashes and the car so in this condition I can’t get him to the vet, he weighs at least 90 lbs

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Finn, please?

He does sound as if he were intoxicated by a prescription or recreational drug, other chemical or plant. His behavior, however, is consistent with any encephalopathy (brain disorder) involving his forebrain - cerebrum and thalamus.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian