Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My situation is very similar to the following. I tried to…

Customer Question
My situation is very...

My situation is very similar to the following. I tried to turn them over to Operation Wildlife. They put me on a 20 person waiting list. I know they should have been put down immediately because they can not be rehabbed back into the wild do to permanent leg injuries. Honestly, I figured they would probably pass away that night. 6 months later, and I have two approximately 8 month old raccoons living in my formal living room, illegally. Now the boy has blood coming from his urinary tract. Quite a bit. No vet will see them. They will kill them immediately. I an not against euthanizing when it is the only alternative, but they are my babies and I am their mom, and I can't bare the thought of them being terrified by strangers the last hours of their lives. If he doesn't get better in the next few days, I have to find someone or some way to help him pass without fear or pain. I live in Northeast Kansas. Any suggestions. https://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/7a2s7-male-raccoon-blood-urine.html

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Not a dog

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 2 days by:
12/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How are your companions at this time? Can you tell me more about any other wildlife agencies you've contacted aside from OW? Can you describe what leg injuries were sustained? Can you share what city you are in or nearest?