Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have 10 year old Pitt who has pretty significant arthritis…

Customer Question
I have 10 year...

I have 10 year old Pitt Bull who has pretty significant arthritis in her back legs. In last two days she’s had some strange behaviors. Two days ago she threw up early in the morning- twice within a few minutes - all her dinner from the night before - a ton of food and water. She’s been sluggish but still eTing and drinking. Today she’s shivering and shaking off and on and then panting

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Bull?

We’ve had success with helping her arthritis by changing her food and giving her supplements

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She’s also having diarrhea and she cried out twice - I think her arthritis
12/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What does her vomit and diarrhea look like?

What are the strange behaviours you have seen?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?