Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has a rash and is sold at like red and a little puffy…

Customer Question
She has a rash...

She has a rash and is sold at like red and a little puffy but it don't seem like it hurt her she just licked it a lot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** is 3 years old and she's a shitzu

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Please clarify "...and is old at like red..." for me. Can you upload a photo(s) of this rash to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

The rash is red and it's swollen just a little bit

Thank you. Can you upload a photo(s) of it to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Its red and swollen

If I can't see what you're seeing, I can't be as accurate as I would like to be for you. I'll opt out which will allow another expert who might be able to help you.

Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I was asked to consult with you

Can you please describe the rash, its location and duration

Has it happened before?

Itchy?

Odor from it?

Paul

No
Its no odor
She lick it a lot it could be a hot spot

Hello there.

Sorry, did you say that you cannot describe its location and duration?

And you said that it is itchy?
Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian