Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

From Sydney ( midnight ), We have a Australian kelpie / fox…

Customer Question
Hi Greetings from Sydney...

Hi Greetings from Sydney ( midnight ) , We have a Australian kelpie / fox terrier cross rescue dog ( small - mid size ) who is approximately 7 years old and weighs 12 kilograms. For no apparent reason she is unusually anxious and will not lay down. She is panting, but only intermittently, and sitting with her hind legs splayed to either side instead of in-front of her She is licking her paws and her tail is waging and she has been out for a very short walk and did a poo ( normal ) but is still not willing to lay down. She is being very affectionate and wanting pats but in a unusually anxious way Any thoughts as to what we should do for her ? Thanks Gerry , Sydney Australia

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Her name is***** please not that she's not lethargic

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

Nope - Just what I outlined in my earlier email

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press firmly on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian