Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

From Sydney ( midnight ), We have a Australian kelpie / fox

Customer Question

Hi Greetings from Sydney ( midnight ) , We have a Australian kelpie / fox terrier cross rescue dog ( small - mid size ) who is approximately 7 years old and weighs 12 kilograms. For no apparent reason she is unusually anxious and will not lay down. She is panting, but only intermittently, and sitting with her hind legs splayed to either side instead of in-front of her She is licking her paws and her tail is waging and she has been out for a very short walk and did a poo ( normal ) but is still not willing to lay down. She is being very affectionate and wanting pats but in a unusually anxious way Any thoughts as to what we should do for her ? Thanks Gerry , Sydney Australia
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is***** please not that she's not lethargic
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: Nope - Just what I outlined in my earlier email
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press firmly on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?