Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is licking her back paw continuously and the leg is

Customer Question
She is licking her...

She is licking her back paw continuously and the leg is shaking and she is not walking in the leg holing it up and just licking. I have tried to see if there is anything in the paw and I cannot see anything

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound. She has been inside sitting in the floor and just started licking.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Poppit 8

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Poppit

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Poppit?

No just really worried she is still licking

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs? Any history of a trauma or fall?

Is it a front or back leg?

If you feel up and down the leg and especially the paw (between toes too), any swellings, red spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?