Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

There is a bump the size of a quarter on his back and its…

Customer Question
There is a bump...

There is a bump the size of a quarter on his back and its been there for a while but my dog was playing around today and it got smashed now it's flat like a pancake and warm to the touch. He also has two spots on top of the pancake where small amounts of blood is coming out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

I cleaned it out and the blood has stopped but just wondering what might be going on. He is an Aussie Doodle

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He is 6 years old. I was told his bump was a lypoma and not to worry. His name is Max

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has it been present?

When you were told it was a lipoma, was any testing done?

Has it been growing at all?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.