Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is very sick after eating homeless person poop. Mix. Odie…

Customer Question
He is very sick...

He is very sick after eating homeless person poop

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

***** ***** Mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the jack's name and age?

Odie 2.5 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Odie?

He just licked a pile of human feces (homeless person) this morning.He was fine all day and then became unstable and disillusioned and hyper sensitive. His blood work came back fine - He was hydrated and given antibiotic at the vet. Now he is resting but really won't move much. he acted drugged out - very scary

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Odie, please? It's reasonable to assume that the feces contained any number of drugs and alcohol which hopefully have been excreted from Odie by now.

He is doing better today - he is eating and has not had diarrhea or any other symptoms

Thank goodness. He has eliminated whichever toxic compounds had been ingested. Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?