Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He started acting like he was in pain about 2 hours ago.

Customer Question
He started acting like...

He started acting like he was in pain about 2 hours ago. He's panting, drooling and shaking quite a bit. If I hold his belly he doesn't seem to mind. Wasn't interested in dinner, temp is 101.5.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?

Ted

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ted?

Not really, otherwise a healthy 9-11 yr old (he was a rescue 8 years ago) German Shepard Sharpei mix.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
12/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Ted, please?

Regretfully, Ted's symptoms aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Panting and shaking are usually associated with pain, anxiety, or both. Drooling suggests cramping of the GI tract, nausea, and/or esophageal or oral irritation/ulceration.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian