Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

About six weeks ago my dog was diagoised with a severe

Customer Question
About six weeks ago...

About six weeks ago my dog was diagoised with a severe urinary tract I've

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

About six weeks ago my dog was diagnosed with a severe urinary tract infection. She was given a strong anti biotic which healed the infection. But she was also given a steroid which made her sick, really sick. She quit eating she did drink but within twenty mins. Would throw up. It was white and muies

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

NoShe got sicker and refused to eat. I took her to a vet who ran some tests and her liver enzymes were off the chart. She sent her home with holistic food supplements. She ate a little bit the next day she was be

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

I didn't, finish what happened next. I took her back, they did an X-ray and the vet said her liver was extremely enlarged. Taking everything into account she the vet said it would be a blessing to her to be put down. Sad to say I listened to her. Now I feel I made a mistake, and that I should have insisted more test to be run. Did I end my beloved dogs life before time?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

Did you read all that I wrote? I feel my dog did not get the care she needed, and that she was put down to soon.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Do have copies of her blood work that you can send to me here to look at?

How old was your dog?

Was your veterinarian concerned for the possibility of cancer?