Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

R u really there plse very very important. An 8wk old

Customer Question
R u really there...

R u really there plse very very important

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

An 8wk old Chihuahua puppy

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the puppy?

Not sure exactly how long ago this developed. Id say definitely in the pat 3-4 days during a feeding bc Ive been preparing them to begin eatting on their own that I noticed a lump on belly of 2nd born of 3 puppies. Im really really worried that this is something serious. Its not located where her belly botton is. This more in groin definitely groin on her left side right next to her private area. The pups have not yet been wormed or shots yet. Will be taking them ASAP for their well ness check. My vet had told me b4 mother gave birth that wasnt nessesary to bring them for check up right after birth unless there was a prob I believe she had said when they became 8wks old. I hope im correct. My husband and i both were personally there the entire time Mom was in labor start to finish. I made sure i looked each of them over and i dont recall this lump at all. Like i said im pretty confident it has developed most recent. I really dont think its of any color but im not a Dr.Also not sure if im seeing a vein or a red line which im scared to death wheather or not blood poisoning. She had a wonderful appitite this am and appears to be playful with her sibblings. Very very scared.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Did you see what the puppy ate?

Yes Ive started them on baby cereal 2 days ago. They still stay in welting box. Mom goes in and out to still care for them but shes no longer nursing them. I had been giving them home made puppy formula frm reciepe from Google

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

Am i not speaking too a Veterinarian Now??

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Is this lump something I could see if you upload a photo of it to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian