Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a beagle who started running in circles last evening.

Customer Question
I have a beagle...

I have a beagle who started running in circles last evening. what should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Nothing that I can see.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He doesn't

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

His head is tilted to the right

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Pwtunia is 14 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pwtunia?

Petunia has always been healthy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

It sounds like he may have an inner ear or vestibular issue. Can you answer some additional questions for me please?

Is he still running in circles today?

Is it non-stop?

Is he able to eat and drink as usual?

Any vomiting?

Are his eyes moving rapidly back and forth like he is watching a tennis match?

she is. Yes nonstop. had not eaten in two days.No vomiting. eyes seem yo be normal.

Normally when it is older dog vestinular disease their eyes move rapidly back and forth so I so not think that is the cause.

Can you look in the ears and see if there is any redness or drainage?

Any chance she got into something toxic, something outside, someone dropped medication?

Any chance of head trauma such as hit by a car?

Are the pupils normal size?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian