Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 13LB dog ate food with Raid sprayed on it, it was at

Customer Question
My 13LB dog ate...

My 13LB dog ate food with Raid sprayed on it, it was at least a cup ants got on it. what to do. I'm worried it just happened

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No she's a healthy Multipuddle I just had her checked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about your dog.

Please give me a few minutes to type back a response for you. Deb

ok

Fortunately, these types of insecticides don't contain enough active ingredients to cause problems for our pets. They aren't considered toxic nor poisonous.

Depending on the amount ingested, gi signs might be seen such as vomiting/drooling (usually within 30 minutes or less) or possibly diarrhea in 12-24 hours but this is about all that I'd expect you'd see.

You might rinse out her mouth with cool water but, other than this, no additional action on your part is necessary.

She'll be fine and I hope this provides peace of mind. Deb