Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate two bowls of ice cream, and cheese. He has the…

Customer Question
My dog ate two...

My dog ate two bowls of ice cream, and cheese. He has the runs the past few days. How much Imodium do I give him. He is taking apparel 16 mg, also Gabapentin39

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Gabapentin 300 mg twice daily

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He's 17 has a lot of fatty tumors

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help.

IN general, the dosing for Imodium, is approximately 1 tablet for 6 pounds of body weight (so a 30 pound dog would get a half tablet, 15 pound dog would get a quarter tablet). This can be repeated in 12 hours if needed (if diarrhea persists). If The diarrhea persists for more than 24 hours, a veterinary examination is definitely a good idea, to prevent dehydration and other problems associated with ongoing diarrhea.

He weighs 60 -65 pounds

Sorry - the above should have said 1 tablet for *60* pounds.

So you would use 1 tablet every 12 hours, if needed.

Thank you!

You're very welcome! :)

you mistyped the answer, so I had to ask another question--- Now I get charged $22.00 extra?????

There shouldn't have been any additional cost.

I will forward your concern to customer service!

Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian