Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has pseudomonanas infection in her ear and i was

Customer Question
She has pseudomonanas infection...

She has pseudomonanas infection in her ear and i was thinking about cranberry

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Winnie?

I don't know what you mean she is having antibiotic in her ear now but i was thinking for future

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. Welcome to JustAnswer! I’d like to help with your concerns regarding Winnie. I'm so sorry to hear that she has an ear infection, but glad that she is receiving antibiotic treatment for her infection.

Regarding cranberry, there are some reports that cranberry can be beneficial for a pseudomonas bladder infection as it helps to break down the biofilm in the bladder as the cranberry is excreted in the urine.

Unfortunately, since the infection is in her ear, I would not anticipate any benefit for maintenance or preventive therapy if she were to ingest cranberry juice/extract.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

If you’d like to request me in the future for your pet-related questions, you can contact me at this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drdenise/?rpt=3800

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Denise

P​lease let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you.