Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

What will cause my two yr old dog to have bright red

Customer Question
What will cause my...

What will cause my two yr old dog to have bright red diarrhea this morning. I took him to vet Monday and he gave him Rimdayl for he said knee coming in and out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your 2 year old?

After taking 1/2 tablet of Rimdayl he seem to get sick was vomiting but it stopped and diarrhea started just watery until this morning. It was bright red blood.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your 2 year old eat anything unusual?

No same things he has always eaten, table foods and dog food.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the 2 year old's name?

Little Joe black/white Shiz

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your 2 year old?

Has been healthy and playing. I took him to vet because he wouldn't go up and down steps just stopped and waited on me to carry him up. I was afraid he had hurt his back. Vet x- rayed him and said knee was sliding in and out. But he seems fine with that now. I don't guess he could have taken something at vet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I am worried that the Rimadyl may be causing some bleeding from the colon

Is he passing a lot of blood or just a little with the regular poop?

Paul

I only gave him 1/2 tablet. Could this 1/2 tablet have been enough to cause all of this? No it was all blood.

It is possible if dog had a very adverse reaction

So I would stop the Rimadyl for now

Is he still eating and drinking?

Otherwise bright and alert?
Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian