Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has somethig on her skin that is growing and has gone…

Customer Question
My dog has somethig...

My dog has somethig on her skin that is growing and has gone to develope 3 other places on her body

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

The hairs that grow in these 3 spots are dark brown has a like lump in the middle of the hair growth but not a lump but when you pick at it there are like tiny microscopic white worm like organism what is this.....

Veterinarian's Assistant: There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Autumn and shasha i believe it has gone to my other dog also. the hair is very course in those areas but tiny like little white like worm looking like things come out. i thin k it is very contacious because i think i touched the area then scatched my head and caught it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Autumn?

They are autunmn is 10 years old and shasha about 8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Autumn?

I just want to know what is this growth or white tiny like little worm in these spots have not had them biopsied yet cannot aford it. what can i do it is not lice i know that for a fact

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
wht is my answer
ok
what is the answer
12/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of these areas to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Other than maggots, there are no tiny worm-like organisms in skin and nothing you could see that would be contagious to your other dogs or you.

Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian