Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our shitzu dog is crying and scratching excessively near his…

Customer Question
Our shitzu dog is...

Our shitzu dog is crying and scratching excessively near his butt what do I do, we gave him a flea bath and he still continues to scratch and cry.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the shitzu's name and age?

The dog's name is ***** ***** he is 3 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

He threw up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sheena Christensen,
 replied 7 months ago
Sheena Christensen

Hi there, I am Dr. Christensen. Sorry to hear that Max is so uncomfortable. Has he every had issues with his anal glands before? Have they been checked recently?

He hasn't had any recent problems with his anal glands and they've been checked last month.
Dog Veterinarian: Sheena Christensen,
 replied 7 months ago

Sorry I can't take a phone call at this time. I can opt out so another expert can call you.