Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Well its kinda weird took our 9 month old beagle out for a…

Customer Question
Hello there well its...

Hello there well its kinda weird took our 9 month old beagle out for a walk nothing heavy he was fine he got home about two hours ago and he was limping a littkle

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

He has been laid on sofa since we just let him out and he is shivering a little it has calmed now but he seems lethargic all of a sudden

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Teddy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?

No hes been fine healthy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 4 months ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Was the walk longer than normal?

Were you walking a new path?

Is he still limping?

hes sleeping now no it was a famers field and a medium walk

Thanks for the additional informaiton. I really appreciate it.

Since the limping stopped and he's otherwise acting normally, I suspect he either over-exerted himself, or possibly was even having a bit of growing pains...both of which would cause him to limp and then be a bit tired.

If this were me, I'd just keep an eye on it. Since Teddy is so young, they heal really fast, so even if he pulled something on the walk, I don't expect any long lasting issues with it.

I hope this helps.

Lisa
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech