Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a five year old female black lab. Brie is lethargic…

Customer Question
We have a five year...
We have a five year old female black lab. Brie is lethargic and it takes some convincing to get her come when called. She also has a warm dry nose and wants to be covered with a blanket. She sleeps with my daughter and my daughter says that Brie shivered last night unless she was covered by a blanket. We keep our home at about 60 degrees at night. She ate normally this morning. Should I be concerned?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Yes- you should be concerned- but not a huge amount yet

Having had four black labs I can tell you that they never acted like this unless they were not feeling well.

Is she spayed?

Lameness?

Is it still warm where you live (thinking Lyme disease)

Paul