Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I've had my dog on a bland food diet for the past 3 or 4…

Customer Question
I've had my dog...

I've had my dog on a bland food diet for the past 3 or 4 days, just white rice and chicken. i was feeding him that after a bout of vommitting. no vommiting since friday, but his stool is still very soft and not frequent

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

I dont know if he is drinking water while I'm out of the house but i am giving him pedialyte and broth (no salt) every morning and every night he does not seem dehydrated (skin test, gums look good)

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

I took him to the ER last weekend, no obstruction found Marley

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Not really he is a pretty healthy dog

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

We can get this sorted without you taking him back to the vet

I would like you at add one to two tablespoons of canned pumpkin to each meal- This is a great source of soluble fiber

Also give Imodium at 0.1 mg/kg three times day- This will firm up the stools

Should see great response in a day or two ,ax.

Okay?

Paul

sounds good. I have been giving fomatodine 20mg every 12 hrs as per the vet and past experience. should i stop this or give in addition to immodium? or is it the same

Dont need the Famotadine any more :)

Just go with the Imodium

And update me tomorrow AM

Okay?

Paul

thank you so much!!

Very welcome

Chat soon

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how I get paid :)

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian