Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I need help! A gernam sheaperd She ate a whole moody roll…

Customer Question
I need help ! ...

I need help !

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

A gernam sheaperd She ate a whole moody roll I’m not sure what time I can’t get her to a vet it was like black it’s my friends dog and she doesn’t really have any Money at the moment what can we do ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Coco she’s 18 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Coco?

Never had a problem No that’s all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry, but, I am not familiar with Moody roll, what is it or active ingredient?

She ate a type of Devon roll it was (black/green) mold

Is this the sausage Devon roll?

Yeah but it was ham and chicken roll but packaged like the Devon one
I don’t think the dog is being any different at the moment but it’s my girlfriends dog and she’s a mess and really worried I just need to help her out will the dog die over night or anything

To make sure I got this right, the devon roll had mold and for this reason your friend is concerned thinking her dog is going to die, correct?

she found it in the fridge put it in the bin and some point today between 3 o’clock and 11.30 she ate the hole roll
What do we do ?
And will she be okay ?
im sorry, I’m not making sense I’m just so worried

Did she also eat the wrapping paper?

A fifth of it yes

Please give me 5 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

I didn’t know we could call if you want that will be so easy ?

Friend, though eating moldy food can be a source of fungal infections we need to remember that dogs have a very acidic stomach and often eat rotten things without any negative consequences. So, it is very likely that the mold will not be an issue. The main concern is the wrapping paper. But, then again, dogs do pass these in the stool often without any problem. So, tell your friend that her dog is not going to die and it is very likely she will pass the wrapping paper in the stool. What you need to do is change her diet to rice (75%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (25%) for 2-3 days to help pass the paper in the stool. Symptoms that would require a vet visit are lethargy, anorexia, painful abdomen, etc.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I can’t call this is fine sorry I just need to know can we do anything in the mean time we will go to the vet in the morning I’m going to stay up all night to watch her but what symptons I should look for or anything j can do to monitor her or give her

Did you get my response above?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian