Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog, who is a black lab, 14 years old, just had a

Customer Question
Hello! My dog, who...

Hello! My dog, who is a black lab, 14 years old, just had a procedure earlier today. He had a scope and biopsy done, up his nose. Since he’s been home, he’s been whining and unsettled. I don’t know if he’s in pain or not.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Chopper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chopper?

They give him Baytril and aventi clav. The reason for his scope is because he has frequent nose bleeds with one nostril

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Chopper, please?

Dog's undergoing anesthesia may become nauseated and/or febrile and, yes, scoping of his nose may have irritated it to the point of it being painful.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian