Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I took her to the vet last Friday because her lymph nodes…

Customer Question
I took her to...

I took her to the vet last Friday because her lymph nodes were extremely swollen and she was extremely lethargic. He said she had a tick deep in her ear and put medicine in there. She seemed as if she got better over the weekend, but her lymph nodes are still swollen and today she is back to the slughish behavior and sounds very congested. I feel as if her throat must hurt because I had to soften her food for her before she could even eat it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Marley and she just turned 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Marley?

She has one bump under her armpit that has been there for a little over a year, but it has not grown in size at all and there are no other bumps

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

They need to aspirate those lymph nodes right away.

That should have been done on the first visit

There is a very good chance we are dealing with Lymphosarcoma

Would you like to talk by phone? I am happy to chat or we can text

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian