Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 50lb very healthy dog started coughing in September. I…

Customer Question
My 50lb very healthy...

My 50lb very healthy dog started coughing in September. I took him to our vet. He said he thought it was either allergies or a URI. He gave him antibiotics and steroids. I thought it might be kennel cough. He got better. Then two weeks ago started coughing worse and spitting up flem and mucus. I took him back to the vet. He is now on antibiotic for a lmost a weeek. He does not seem better and his

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?

Kaiser

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kaiser?

His breathing seems short and he seems some what lethargic.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Kaiser, please?

Have X-rays of his chest, a heartworm test, and a complete blood count (CBC) been performed? If so, what was found?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian