Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

One of them ingested siver sulfadiAzine. It was either Ayana…

Customer Question
One of them ingested...

One of them ingested siver sulfadiAzine

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

It was either Ayana or Nyax. Ayana is 9 months and Nyax is 8 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ayana?

I believe it was Ayana cause she keeps going for the container

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

How much does she weigh? How much was ingested? When?

I am just scared because she is my baby. I don't know when exactly between 7 and 9 it was a half a jar. 65 pounds
No. I cannot afford to keep paying for answers on my dogs health. My husband found it on poison control.

Okay. No need to induce vomiting because this is absorbed very quickly. You should see some possible gastrointestinal signs, vomiting and/or diarrhea. Those should resolve in a day or so with a bland diet of boiled chicken breast mixed with white rice. The other concern here is the ingestion of the sulfa drug and the blood work necessary, but it sounds like you already learned all about what is necessary on the poison control site. Good luck.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian