Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He can not walk anymore. Hes throwing up and has a permanent…

Customer Question
He can not walk...

He can not walk anymore. Hes throwing up and has a permanent tilt to his head.He does eat but just throws it up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He is very old. 17. Hes been having seizures to. the vet about a mopnth ago said he had dog vertigo

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dan C., DVM
Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian

Good afternoon, and thank you for your question.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog's current condition. I must start out by saying that her condition sounds very serious. I have a few questions to ask you, however, in order to help you further.

1): How long has your dog been having seizures?

2): Is he currently on any medications for the seizures, or any other medical condition?

3): Are either one of his eyelids closed involuntarily?

4): Is he able to stand if you help him up, and if so, can he walk in a straight line?

Many thsnk, and I"m looking forward to hearing from you.

-Dan C., DVM

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian