Dog Veterinary

I put poison out yesterday in a controlled Area to kill a…

I put poison out...

I put poison out yesterday in a controlled Area to kill a rat in Penn station infestation, this morning one of the rats who had obviously eaten some of the poison came into my porch and my dog walked by it sought and bid it and then I got him away from it but he did have it in his mouth for a brief moment the poison is called... Read full answer

I put poison out yesterday in a controlled Area to kill a rat in Penn station infestation, this morning one of the rats who had obviously eaten some of the poison came into my porch and my dog walked by it sought and bid it and then I got him away from it but he did have it in his mouth for a brief moment the poison is called brometholin CAS .01%. Other ingredients Dano

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what Brometholin ate?

Denotonium benzoate. My dog bit a rat that a rat poisoning the rat poisoning is called BROMETHOLIEN

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brometholin?

I am sorry I was trying to talk text and it was jumbled I am freaking out

12/5/2017
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

I am sorry to hear this happened to your dog.

Rat poisons, especially Bromethalin can be quite deadly.

Did your dog actually eat the rat, or just picked it up? Did your dog eat any of the poison itself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My dog grabbed the rat in his mouth took it to another location and then we get him away from the rat it was only in his mouth for 10 seconds 15 secondsThe rat was still alive

I see. As long as he didnt eat the rat itself or any of the physical poison block, your dog will be just fine.

If he were to find a dead rat and eat it, it could be deadly. I would make sure to keep a very close eye out for any dead rats in the area. Your dog should be just fine though.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks!

You are very welcome.

I wish you both the best.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. G.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything is fine thankfully. I apologize for the garbled text. Thank you for your help!

You are very welcome.

I am glad to hear your dog is doing well.

Happy Holidays!

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My 3lb dog has eaten rat poison what can I do to help her?
My 3lb dog has eaten rat poison what can I do to help her? … read more
DocPaul
DocPaul
She ate 1/4 if that poison and I got her to vomit up half
She ate 1/4 if that poison and I got her to vomit up half off what she ate … read more
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Doctors Degree
My dog just licked a bar of Brometholin rat poison will she
my dog just licked a bar of Brometholin rat poison will she have any affects of that … read more
DocPaul
DocPaul
Stop searching for answers—
My dog got a hold of a combat roach bait station and chewed
My dog got a hold of a combat roach bait station and chewed off the paper on the back and little bit of the plastic. The main ingredient is Fipronil. Is this toxic to my dog? My vet is not in today? W… read more
DocPaul
DocPaul
I suspect she may have eaten some rat poison and she is
I suspect she may have eaten some rat poison and she is exhibiting symptoms right now … read more
DocPaul
DocPaul
He got a hold of rat poison pellets. It must have happened
He got a hold of rat poison pellets. It must have happened early afternoon yesterday. He seems ok he's drinking water and he's ate … read more
DocPaul
DocPaul
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My dog (20lbs) brought out a block of bait that is used for
My dog (20lbs) brought out a block of bait that is used for killing house mice. It doesn't appear he ate any but had it in his mouth. It is called Tomcat mouse killer. States it contains the nerve poi… read more
Dog Veterinarian,
Well he bit an ant killing bait. His name is Max and he's 4
well he bit an ant killing bait JA: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age? Customer: His name is *****… read more
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Doctors Degree
I believe my yorkie ate rat poison. He seems to not have
I believe my yorkie ate rat poison. He seems to not have good control of his back legs … read more
Dog Veterinarian,
Can my dog die from eating.a poisoned rat? A rat poisoned by
Can my dog die from eating.a poisoned rat? JA: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what your dog ate? Customer: A rat poisoned by bait station JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be … read more
Veterinarian,
My dog licked the outiade. Sorry. My dog licked outside of
sorry. My dog licked outside of mouse bait block. There was no bait eaten but im afraid her she may have licked the block even a little. Bromethalin The ingredient … read more
Veterinarian,
My dog ate some rat poison. 2 rat poison baits that my
2 rat poison baits that my husband had in his shed. … read more
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Doctors Degree
Stop searching for answers—
My dog found a dead mouse and was carrying it around. We
My dog found a dead mouse and was carrying it around. We mouse bate with Contrac Blocks. Can she be in trouble?… read more
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb
Associate Veterinarian,
My 5lb Peekapoo may have gotten hold of a little rat poison.
My 5lb Peekapoo may have gotten hold of a little rat poison. We think the rat must have carried it under the bed. It had been placed on a high cabinet. The dog was out of sight under their bed for abo… read more
Dr-Bonk
Dr-Bonk
Veterinarian,
Our dog (47 lb male Keeshond) might have swallowed a small
Our dog (47 lb male Keeshond) might have swallowed a small piece of our neighbor's Real Kill Rat and Mouse Killer bar. We fed him a few pieces of green grass within five minutes of this occurring, but… read more
Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dog Veterinarian,
My dog just injested Tomcat rat poison. he is not showing any
My dog just injested Tomcat rat poison. he is not showing any symtoms but I am not sure how much he ingested. I am currently unemployed and don't have the money for vetinary emergencies. Is there any … read more
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet
Veterinary Specialist,
My 60lb. Basset Hound was found chewing on a half bar of rat
My 60lb. Basset Hound was found chewing on a half bar of rat poison. We gave him 1 oz. of hydrogen peroxide and he vomited about 12 times. I noticed some chunks of the poison amounting to the size of … read more
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew
Emergency/Critical Care Veterinarian,
the dog was not eating or drinking very lethargic, then it
the dog was not eating or drinking very lethargic, then it was sitting on the bed yelped started convulsing foaming at the mouth then died. another dog wouldnt eat or drink and wouldnt come out from u… read more
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew
Emergency/Critical Care Veterinarian,