Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just brought himi home from the shelter and the vet

Customer Question
I just brought himi...

I just brought himi home from the shelter and the vet couldn't see us, so i have anti biotics, but can't get him to eat a pill or any food. he is drinkinig a ton of water and barfing it up foaming a bit at the mouth, crying

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

I literally just got him late today - from a very sad shelter in carson ca where the rescue society i help was trying to save him. i don't know if he's eaten anything - i did get him to eat a little dried lamb patty- organic thing

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

No name yet- I think we'll call him TomTom, and we think he's about 7 Doberman.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about TomTom?

He has been getting meds for an URI at the shelter- along with all the other dogs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i just got notified i paid $5, and will get charged another $14 if we talk - i don't want to sign up for a subscription -
12/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Camille-Mod,
 replied 7 months ago
Camille-Mod
I checked for you, and you are not signed up for a subscription, just the one question you have posted. Your question is available in the queue for Experts to answer. Thank you
Camille-Moderator
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Sara. I am sorry to hear about this poor dog!!! Do you know if he was vomiting at the shelter also? Maybe it is the antibiotics causing an upset stomach? Is he on Doxycycline by any chance? Ultimately he will should have an exam done with your veterinarian but maybe we can do some things in the meantime to help his belly. First, take away the water, next, I want you to stop the antibiotics for 1-2 days, and I would like you to give him a dose of antacid. Do you have any medications at home?