Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Mia, My 11 year-old Beagle mix keeps going to the door to be…

Customer Question
Hi Mia,My 11 year-old Beagle...
Hi Mia,My 11 year-old Beagle mix keeps going to the door to be let out, but when I take him out he doesn't need to go and just wanders around. We also came home today to his poop and pee all over the kitchen which has never happened since I've owned him for 11 years. He just went to the vet on Saturday for a checkup and was all good. What do you think is going on?Arvin
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Was the stool loose at all? I worry that he might have had a seizure or a seizure like episode based on what you described. A lot of dogs will go to the bathroom when having a seizure. That coupled with the strange behavior make me somewhat suspicious of this. I would recommend taking him to the vet tomorrow for a full work-up (bloodwork and xrays) to make sure there is no underlying metabolic issue that could be causing this. For tonight, I would monitor him for any strange behavior. In the event that he does have a seizure tonight, it is best to get him to the emergency vet as quickly as possible. Let me know if you have anything else to add or any other questions.