Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a old boxer. And he's been neutered for quite a few…

Customer Question
I have a old...

I have a old boxer. And he's been neutered for quite a few years but now his scrotum is swollen what should I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Chance

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Chance?

He's a white boxer that's death

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chance?

The only other thing is that because of his age he's been losing his mobility in his back legs. Other than that I've been giving him CBD oil and it seems to be working

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

When an older male dog starts having any swelling or increases in the size of a scrotum that should have nothing in it, unfortunately, we need to consider that there may be a tumor or possibly infection in that area.

Would you be able to get him examined by your regular veterinarian this week so we can get some diagnostics done and figure out what we are dealing with?

Can you see any obvious signs of trauma? Like a puncture or rash?

Also how old is Chance?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian