Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog that's about 6 weeks old just ate 1 mabey2 aspirin…

Customer Question
My dog that's about 6...
My dog that's about 6 weeks old just ate 1 mabey2 aspirin what can I do
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

I am sorry to hear this has happened.

I will need a little more information to better help you.

How long ago did this happen?

What size aspirin did your puppy eat?

How much does your dog weigh?

It happened about 5 minutes ago he is very little 5 to 8 pounds mabey and a regular aspirin not a I'm thinking 500 mi

I see. This can definitely be a big problem for a dog his size. I would induce vomiting. You can do that yourself with over the counter 3% hydrogen peroxide, or you can head to a vet to get an injection of apomorphine to make him vomit. If you go the route of peroxide, give 1 teaspoon orally and wait 10 minutes. If there is no vomiting in 10 minutes, give another. If there is still no vomiting after 20 minutes, I would head to the vet to induce vomiting.

My puppies who weights about 5 to 8 pounds ate 1 mabey 2 aspirin 500 mil. I got him to throw up once didn't see any aspirin tho I gave him one teaspoon of 3% proxhide
He drank just a little water but not much he seems to be normal
Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian