Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Taboo is papillon she woke us up frantically licking. She is…

Customer Question
Taboo is papillon she woke...
Taboo is papillon she woke us up frantically licking. She is very distressed and won’t Settle down only wants to be held or soothed she is. Or her self
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Where is she licking? I would start with some Benadryl (1mg/lb) this morning. It can reduce their urge to lick as well as calm her down some. If she is still licking like crazy and seems distressed, I would take her to the vet for a prescription medication to help her with this. Let me know if you have any other questions.If you could take a minute to give me a positive rating so that I can receive credit for this question, I would really appreciate it. Best of luck with everything!
She was licking our faces to wake us up because she is distracted
Taboo is shivering
She can sleep
She can not sleep
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian. I just came online and saw that you are worried about Taboo.

How is she doing now? Can I be of help?