Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has an oddly shaped wart a few inches from her eye.

Customer Question
My dog has an...

My dog has an oddly shaped wart a few inches from her eye. What kind is it and how should I treat it?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

She has an oddly shaped wart a few inches from her eye

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

She's not in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?

Molly age 11

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Are you able to take a picture of the wart? Does it seem to be irritating the eye at all?

The wart is not causing eye irritation She doesn't scratch I can't take a picture of it but it flat and kind round. I took her to our vet and she said it wasn't harmful and could treat it. The cost was more than I can afford now so I thought there was some I could get to treat it my self.
No thank you for your time Since it's not causing my dog problems so I'll take her to my vet when I can afford it.

Okay thanks for the additional information. What was the treatment that your veterinarian offered? Was it surgery? In some cases depending on the size of it and where it is located your veterinarian may be able to offer cryotherapy to freeze it off. I don't recommend an over the counter medication because it may cause irritation