Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has had lose stool and diarrhea about 6 times during…

Customer Question
My dog has had...

My dog has had lose stool and diarrhea about 6 times during the night. I don't know this for sure, but she might have invested one Fiorinol capsule but it would have been early yesterday or the night before.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Maggie...6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Maggie?

She has a sensitive stomach most of the time and lose stools are a common occurrence. She's also been eating bully sticks again for the first time in awhile. I tried Endosorb for the diareah but it hasn't helped.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you!

Here is what we are going to do:

NO food till tomorrow AM

Give Imodium at 0.1 mg/kg by mouth three times a day

Water all day is fine

Start back with cooked hamburger and rice tomorrow and add two tablespoons of canned pumpkin to it

Add Fortiflora into the food as a probiotic

Make sense?

Paul

Unfortunately, I already fed her this morning. She eats a human grease Turkey stew with Turkey and some veggies. I do have Na tren Cannidopholis, a high grade probiotic gel that she gets 3 days a week, but hasn't gotten since Friday. I can give her that, also not feed her tonight if it continues. I really dont know if she injested the Fiorinol...no symptoms from the caffeine like being hyper, no lethargic symptoms from the butalbital. She has these symptoms on a regular bais, but the Endosorb usually works, but doesnt seem to be working this time. I stopped the Bully sticks, but she had a 12 inch one before we went to bed last night...about midnight. I have the pill form of the generic immodium...could give her one. Not sure of the mgs. Can find out

No problem

No more food today

Not worried about the Fiorinol

Paul

Hi

How are we doing today?

Just a friendly reminder to rate me- That is how I get paid :)

Paul