Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has a very clear, very mucosy drool coming out of his…

Customer Question
Hi there. He...

Hi there. He has a very clear, very mucosy drool coming out of his mouth, also weird mucusy diarhea, and is shaking. : ( he is a 13 year old Beagle. : (

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?

Max the Wonder Dog! : ) or...simply Max.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

He eats anything - so maybe he got into something - but I don't know what it could have been.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question.

How is Max doing today? Any better?

He’s completely fine! Was a bit shaky and lethargic for the first part of the day yesterday then slowly regained his strength. We fed him some chicken and rice and he’s had no issues. Seems totally fine today as well. We just don’t know what happened. He may have eaten something in the yard but this has never happened before and there’s nothing new in the yard so we just don’t know.

With his age, you might consider getting him into your vet's to check some lab work and just make sure this is not something that is brewing and occasionally rearing its head until it is full blown.

Ok thx!

You are most welcome. Always best to be safe and make sure this was not a symptom of something else.

Let me know how he does