Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 70lbs 2 year old pit got trampled by a bunch of dogs,

Customer Question
Hi, my 70lbs 2...

Hi, my 70lbs 2 year old pit bull got trampled by a bunch of dogs, they were all running together and then they all collided. She came straight to me after and was limping, her front right paw was the trouble. I brought her home and she was limping but no crying or yelping had happened yet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the pit's name?

She was trying to get comfortable and laid on her side and THEN she started squealing and hasn't been able to lay comfortably since. My biggest trouble is that she won't stop panting

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pit?

Haze her breathing is what's worrying me the most. her paw hurts most when it moves side to side vs up and down

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

I​ just logged on and saw your question. Do you still need assistance? Is the paw swollen now? Is she putting any weight on it when she walks? Is her respiratory rate still elevated?