Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate a chocolate cannibus edible. She is 10 pounds.

Customer Question
My dog ate a...

My dog ate a chocolate cannibus edible. She is 10 pounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Olive

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Olive?

She is a chihuahua

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Ifor it has been less than an hour since she ate the chocolate cannibus, you can give her hydrogen peroxide (1 tsp) to try to induce vomiting. The less chocolate cannibus she absorbs the better if it has been over an hour, you should take her to the emergency vet immediately because chocolate cannibus can be very toxic to the heart, brain, and GI tract of smaller dogs and in the worst case if not treated soon enough can be fatal. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.If you have a moment to give me a positive rating so I can receive credit for this question, I would really appreciate it. Good luck.
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian