Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is shivering a lot and he seems like he is going to…

Customer Question
My dog is shivering a...
My dog is shivering a lot and he seems like he is going to stretch but he stays down with the back part of his body up
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

I would very strongly advise a veterinary er with this symptom. This in the veterinary world is similar to a downward dog and indicates abdominal distress. Sometimes it can be cramping intestinally but it can also mean intestinal torsion or twisting or other similar causes but when we hear a dog is doing the "prayer" position with the front end laying down and the back end standing up it is strongly encouraged to have a veterinary exam asap to ensure this is not a true emergency

I don't mean to frighten you but this is a red flag in my training to get evaluated and do not say that lightly online unless it is something I would recommend for my own pet.

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today, I am online another 20 minutes tonight

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad you were able to view my responses. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both before I sign off for the evening

Good morning, I wanted to check in on your dog to see how he is feeling today? I would love an update when you are able

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian