Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My teacup chihuahua is trembling and her stomch is making a…

My teacup chihuahua is...

My teacup chihuahua is trembling and her stomch is making a noise i dont know what to give her

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Chihuahua?

What can i give to my teacup chihua she is having pain in her belly

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Chihuahua's name and age?

Bella and she is 11monts

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Bella?

11 month

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

She is trembling

12/2/2017
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Bella. Is she vomiting at all?

If you lift her lip to look at her gums, are they pink or do they look pale?

No she is not vomiting

That is good. Is she eating and drinking?

Trembling can be a sign of pain. The stomach noise could mean that she ate something she should not have eaten.

Her gums is pale

That is worrying. Her gums should be "bubble gum" pink. If her gums are pale, she may be very painful, or internally sick. Could she have eaten something she should not have eaten?

I don’t know she started this morning at around 2 in the morning she couldnt sleep

Pale gums are worrying to me. That is a sign she may need medical attention.

do i need to take her to the hospital

If this has been going on for that long, and her gums look pale, that would be best.

Okey thank you the only problem is that the hospital are closed and i give her something for the pain

There is not much you can give that would be safe for a small dog. If her gums are pale, I would not give aspirin. Tylenol, Advil, and Aleve are not safe.

Do you have any tramadol? How much does she weigh?

She weigh 4 lb

Do you have any tramadol?

She is too small to safely give any medication made for people. Aspirin can cause internal bleeding, and her gums are already pale.

Okey i will try and get her to a hospital thank you for your help

You are welcome. Please let me know how she is doing.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian