Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My almost 2 year old min pin is pregnant by a corgi sized…

Customer Question
My almost 2 year...

My almost 2 year old min pin is pregnant by a corgi sized dog. Do you th8no she will have any problems with the delivery of her puppies?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the corgi?

No my dog is the min pin. And she's still pregnant. So no emergency or anything. Just need some advice.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear your Min Pin is pregnant to a larger dog. How far along in her pregnancy is she; when did she get mated?

There is a chance she may need to have a C section, to deliver the puppies, if they are too big. You can have an Xray or an ultrasound done to determine how big they are, and if it looks like they will get through her birth canal. If they are too big, I would schedule a C section.

I have not heard back from you; how is your Min Pin doing?

Please let me know if my answer was helpful and if I can answer anything else about her.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?