Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a question on my toy chihuauha. He is about 12 years…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question on my toy chihuauha. He is about 12 years old and every once in a while he whales out like he is in pain. We have a pain medication we got for one of our other dogs called Rovera 100 mg. We have broke a small piece off of one and have given it to him and it seems to help tremendously until it wears off. Recently, it has been happening every day. Obviously there is something wrong. Could it be constipation?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Domino

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 7 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

When was his last bloodwork done?

Does he still jump up on things during these "episodes"?

Does he avoid steps or walk with an arched back?

What is his diet like?