Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog swallowed a burr and though he can eat he is clearly…

Customer Question
My dog swallowed a...

My dog swallowed a burr and though he can eat he is clearly uncomfortable. I gave him bread and almond butter, yogurt, etc.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Charlie. He is 2.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charlie?

No. he is otherwise very healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good afternoon

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you!

I am not worried here

You did well by giving the bread and almond butter

I would also add in two tablespoons of canned pumpkin to each meal to help coat the burr and push it along

Update me in 24 hours time

Make sense?

Paul