Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My French bulldog looks as though she has staph infection,

Customer Question
My French bulldog looks...

My French bulldog looks as though she has staph infection, but when I took her to the vet they just gave her apaquel for a week and nothing changed. Should I have a full scraping and testing done to figure out what this issue is?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your French Bulldog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the French Bulldog's name and age?

Athena and she is 21 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Athena?

She has gotten hives a couple of times as well. I have changed her food to Salmon based and not Chicken All grain free

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

W​ould you be able to show me pictures of he skin lesions? Use the paper clip icon at the top of the chat box to post your pictures on here. Is she itching, licking, or scratching a lot? Is the skin dark red and hot to the touch?